Tuesday, May 07, 2013

It lives!

Wow, it has been a while! I've been underwater with this book for months, and am slowly starting to get it together, but it hasn't been easy. 2013 has been a tough one, writing-wise - a lot of my old roadblocks, anxieties and patterns have come to the surface ... which is good, because it means I have to confront them, but isn't all that enjoyable. And doesn't leave much time for blogging. Pretty much all of my energy at the moment is going into getting out of my own way so that I can get some work done. But I am alive! And I miss you. I hope you are all having a great year so far.

4 comments:

Teresa Stenson said...

Good to hear you're okay, Andrea - I had wondered where you'd gone! Glad it was just into a writing den. Good luck with getting over those roadblocks.

sinistrainksteyne said...

Hi Andrea,

I've just finished reading through your entire back-catalogue - really enjoyed it both as a writer and a fellow intercultural person.

I think I was at UC around the same time as you also (2004-7) & Patrick was my supervisor for my honours year short play.

Small world!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you are alive and well and that the writing is coming along :)

AVY said...

Good to hear. I know what it's like to want to get out of one's own way.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com