Friday, November 22, 2013

November? How?

It has been a tough year for me, work-wise. Looking back at my last post is depressing, in a way, because I feel like I'm in much the same place - but I know that I have made progress, even if it's not as visible, tangible or dramatic as I would like.

In order to feel like 2013 wasn't the Lost Year, I want to finish the book by the end of it ... Getting back to blogging may help to keep my head above water. Let's go!

On a more positive note, - or two - here are some wonderful things that have happened this year:

I met my childhood hero, Peter S. Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn (among other things). That book, and the subsequent movie, have shaped the landscape of my imagination like nothing else. I was lucky enough to have brunch with him and contribute an interview to a documentary about The Last Unicorn that is being filmed this year while the movie is on tour. I cried. A lot.



And I ran a half-marathon last weekend!

4 comments:

The Drifter and the Gypsy said...

Love that positivity, Andrea! And congrats on running a half marathon! I am running one tomorrow :)

Andrea Eames said...

How exciting, Micaela! I hope it went really well!

Sarah said...

Ok, wow! Look at you!! I love your new hairstyle and colour. You got to meet a childhood hero (amazing!) and you ran a half marathon (hooray for you!)

zara may said...

I love your blog
followed
http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/