Sunday, August 10, 2014

My dollhouse project - kitchen, living room, bedroom overview

I have been obsessively working on decorating a dollhouse for a couple of weeks now, and it has been SO much fun. Ridiculous amounts of fun. I love tiny things. 

The dollhouse itself was a thrift-store find. I think someone had made it from a bookshelf - there are three floors and six rooms. I spray-painted the whole thing in Ivory and then set to work with a lot of glue to decorate the interiors. I wasn't going for super-realism, but wanted the dollhouse to be fun and colourful, with lots of DIY and found objects. And not so precious that it wouldn't be playable-with by small visiting friends.

My wonderful husband took these pictures for me. We had a lot of fun positioning the light in all the rooms to make it look semi-realistic. I'll go through room by room over the next few days and talk about where I found, or how I made, everything, but I wanted to share these photos first because I love them.
















2 comments:

Sharon said...

I am amazed (though not surprised) by your talent once again! Wow--I love all the details and can't wait to see this in real life!

Sarah said...

Can I come live in your pretty little house? I would love to see more!